ACLS Humanities E-Book (HEB) Releases 28 More Titles as Handheld Editions
ACLS (American Council of Learned Societies) Humanities E-Book handheld editions are available for a number of devices and from multiple vendors for $9.99/each. Approx. 120 titles are available as handheld editions.
This web page lists all of the titles and where you can acquire them.
The page also notes that HEB is, “working toward incorporating these editions into a subscriptions package in the future.”
Some of the Latest Editions (1/2014) to the Handheld Collection
28 handheld titles recently became available. They include:
- Dan Carter’s The Politics of Rage: George Wallace, the Origins of the New Conservatism and the Transformation of American Politics
- Francois Hartog’s The Mirror of Herodotus
- Walter McDougall’s The Heavens and the Earth: A Political History of the Space Age
- Sarah Pomeroy’s Goddesses, Whores, Wives and Slaves: Women in Classical Antiquity
- James Scott’s Weapons of the Weak: Everyday Forms of Peasant Resistance
- Lawrence Stone’s The Family, Sex and Marriage in England 1500-1800
Complete List of Handheld Editions
On a Related Note…
If you do not have institutional access to HEB but you belong to any of the 71 ACLS constituent societies you can purchase access to the full HEB database (4000 ebooks; $40 for a 12-month subscription). Learn more here.
Source: Humanities E-Book Blog
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.