Now Available: Video and Slide Presentations from “Dealing with Data. What’s the Role for the Library?” Workshop
The “Dealing with Data. What’s the Role for the library?” workshop took place on May 28, 2013 in Ghent, Belgium and featured 12 presentations/panels.
The event was co-sponsored by OpenAire and LIBER (Assoc. of European Research Libraries).
Links to video of each presentation/panel and slides are at available at the bottom of this post.
The purpose of this workshop was to explore where the library sits in the whole data lifecycle, and pinpoint some areas as to what its role might be in the future. The workshop also invited a range of scientists to present their line of research to the audience, with idea about where the library might be able to support them.
Sessions and Speakers
- Introduction speech by Inge Van Nieuwerburgh (UGent) en Najla Rettberg (UGOE)
- What is open science? A researcher’s perspective’ by Erik Mannens (UGent, MMLAB)
- Research Data Overview by Sarah Callaghan (British Atmospheric Data Centre)
- “Meet the scientists” A Researcher’s perspective
- ‘Supporting scientific communities by publishing data by Peggy Schaeffer (Dryad)
- ‘Data Publication: a Publisher’s perspective’ by Fiona Murphy (Wiley Publishers)
- Developing online data management resources for researchers and librarians’ by Robin Rice (Data Librarian, Edinburgh University Data Library)
- 3TU.Datacentrum and Data Intelligence for Librarians: support to staff and researchers on data management’ by Ellen Verbakel (Data Librarian, 3TU.Datacentrum, Delft University)
- RDMRose: An open educational resource on Research Data Management tailored for information professionals by Andrew Cox (University of Sheffield)
- ‘ZENODO – A new innovative service for sharing all research outputs’ by Lars Holm Nielsen (OpenAIRE)
- CKAN – A Research Data Management Tool. The University of Lincoln’s experience in implentation’ by Joss Winn (Orbital project, University of Lincoln library)
- LIBER/OpenAIRE Panel Session
Panelists: Wilma van Wezenbeek (TU Delft Library, Delft) Lukas Koster (Library, University of Amsterdam) Wolfram Horstmann (University of Oxford Library) Chair: Kevin Ashley, (Digital Curation Centre)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.