Slides From: NISO’s “EPUB3 and the Future of Interoperable E-books: What Libraries Need to Know” Virtual Conference
Interesting and informative content (in two slide decks) from a very impressive set of presenters.
If you have an interest in ebooks and libraries these slide decks are absolutely worth reviewing and sharing.
NISO’s “EPUB3 and the Future of Interoperable E-books: What Libraries Need to Know” Virtual Conference took place on April 17, 2013.
- Sue Polanka, Head, Reference & Instruction, Wright State University Libraries
- EPUB and Metadata – Bill Kasdorf, Vice President, APEX
- NISO/DAISY Interchange Format Update – Matt Garrish, Accessibility Consultant; Editor of the Z39.98 and EPUB 3 Specifications
- Annotation of E-books: A NISO standard in development Dan Whaley, Founder, hypothesis.is
- Identification of E-books – Laura Dawson, Product Manager, Bowker
- BISG’s EPUB3 Support Grid – Angela Bole, Deputy Executive Director, BISG
- Implementing an E-book System – Joanne M. Budler, State Librarian, State Library of Kansas
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) – Jim Dovey, Digital Content Formats Evangelist, Kobo
- Future of EPUB – George Kerscher, Secretary General DAISY Consortium, and President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.