Public Library News Roundup: Stories From North Carolina, California, Oregon, Illinois, and Montana
All of these stories are from the past week.
1. Chapel Hill, North Carolina: Proposed tax increase to fund library expansion (via The Daily Tar Heel)
2. Irvine, California: Mayor Pushes For Irvine Library in State of the City Address (via OC Register)
3. Oregon: Multnomah County Library District, OK’d by Voters Last November, Begins to Take Shape (via The Oregonian)
4. Granite City, IL: Granite City’s Library Needs Voters to Approve Bond Issue; Taxes Won’t Increase (via St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
5. Flathead County, Montana: Library Fnding One-Third of National Average
6. Illinois: Questions Surround Addition to DeKalb Library
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.