Wikimedia Foundation Publishes 2011-2012 Annual Report
The report is titled: The Voice of the World.
Direct to Wiki Version of the Report
Highlights From the Report
- Half a billion people use Wikipedia and our other free knowledge projects.
- 5th most visited website in the world
- 19 Billion Page Views (Monthly)
- 23 million articles in 285 languages
- More than 80,000 volunteer editors regularly contribute content to Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- The Wikimedia Foundation’s has 125 employees
- Financial contributions 2011–12
A total of 1,130,700 people donated the equivalent of more than $30 million US dollars in over 80 currencies.
- Volunteer contributions 2011–12
Individual contributors made 139.4 million edits, added 3.3 million Wikipedia articles, and uploaded 2.9 million images, audio files and video files.
- Total cash expenditures in 2011-12
$27 million in US dollars
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.