Milestones: JournalTOCs Now Provides Free Access to Tables of Contents for More than 20,000 Scholarly Journals
Congrats and kudos to Roddy MacLeod and the rest of the JournalTOCS team at the Heriot-Watt Universtiy in Scotland for reaching this impressive milestone.
JournalTOCs has been online since 2009.
If you’re unaware of this FREE service, I wrote an overview post about it late last year for Search Engine Land.
Here are a few highlights:
- TOCs for more than 20,000 journals from more than 1200 publishers
- More than 4,400 of the journals are open access
- Search for titles by name or ISSN
- Browse for titles by publisher or subject
- Alerts delivered on site, by RSS, via email
- A Free API is available
- Library subscriptions are available and include customization options
JournalTOCS continues to be one most useful freebies out there. It’s also a great service to share with others who have an interest in knowing about what’s being published in just about any area of knowledge.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.