Reference: MapLight Launches Politicash 2012 App for the Presidential Election
MapLight, a nonpartisan research organization that reveals money’s influence on politics, has launched a new mobile app, Politicash 2012, http://www.politicash.co. The app, freely available for iOS and Android, tracks money flowing into the presidential race, making it easier than ever to know exactly who’s funding the candidates, including the shadowy money going into the campaigns of their affiliated super PACs. Politicash 2012 is updated regularly with the most recent data from the Federal Elections Commission (FEC).
The app’s features include:
- Head to head comparison of total contributions to Obama and Romney, including a fundraising breakdown by super PAC versus campaign committee
- Graphs tracking money raised and spent by each candidate over time
- The top 5 contributors overall
- Biggest contributors of the latest week of available records from the FEC
- A “Shake” feature, showing a random sample of company, individual, and PAC contributors to each candidate
Politicash 2012 launches in partnership with the Brennan Center for Justice, the Campaign Legal Center, Common Cause, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Global Exchange, the Participatory Politics Foundation, Public Campaign, Rock the Vote, and Rootstrikers.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.