From a SCOAP3 Announcement:
SCOAP3 (Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics) is pleased to announce that its tendering process is now complete.
Acting for the benefit of SCOAP3, CERN conducted the tendering process and, on the basis of the bids submitted by publishers, has identified 12 journals from 7 publishers for participation in SCOAP3. This open and competitive procedure took into account the quality of the journals (as measured by Impact Factor), the quality of the services provided (as measured by re-use licenses and delivery formats), and the unit price for publishing each article.
Over 6’600 articles eligible for inclusion in SCOAP3 were published in these journals in 2011, comprising the vast majority of the high-quality peer-reviewed literature in the field of High Energy Physics.
Articles funded by SCOAP3 will be available Open Access in perpetuity, under a CC-BY license, while publishers will reduce their subscription fees accordingly. Detailed technical specifications are publicly available.
- American Physical Society
- Institute of Physics Publishing / Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Physics Publishing/SISSA
- Institute of Physics Publishing/Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft
- Jagellonian University
- Oxford University Press/Physical Society of Japan
- Springer/Società Italiana di Fisica
Read the Complete Announcement
Learn More about SCOAP3