Reference: California: Newly Launched MapLight “Voter’s Edge” Tracks Funding Behind CA Ballot Measures
MapLight, a nonpartisan political money tracker, announces the launch of Voter’s Edge California, a comprehensive voter guide profiling California ballot measures.
Voter’s Edge offers citizens and journalists a one-stop shop for information about ballot measures, including:
- Campaign Finance
- How much money has been raised for and against each ballot measure
The top 10 list of contributors for and against each ballot measure and their total.
- Names of organizations and individuals who have publicly indicated support of or opposition to each ballot measure
- All of the latest news articles related to a ballot measure
- Editorials and opinion pieces written for and against each ballot measure
- Advertisements being run by the official campaigns to support and oppose each ballot measure
- Summary information
- What a ‘YES’ or a ‘NO’ vote would mean
- The financial impact a ballot measure would have
- Arguments written by the campaigns for and against each ballot measure
- Contact information of the campaigns for and against each ballot measure
- Additional information – for example, how it got on the ballot
Direct to MapLight”Voter’s Edge” California
See Also: Direct to Other MapLight Resources
See Also: MapLight’s Launches Topic Pages, Search for Bills by Issue Area (March 2012)
See Also: MapLight Launches New Company Pages (January 2012)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.