Video of Sessions/Presentations From the DataCite 2012 Summer Meeting Now Viewable Online
The DataCite 2012 Summer Meeting was held on June 14, 2012 at the Technical University of Denmark and hosted by the Technical Information Center of Denmark (DTIC).
The theme of the meeting was: “Digital Research Data in Practice: solutions for improving discovery, access and use.”
10 Presentations Are Available via the DataCite YouTube Channel.
1. Keynote: Jonathan Grant, RAND Europe
2. Session 1: Discovery: It’s all about the metadata? Or is it?
Viswash Chavan, GBIF
3. Session 1: Discovery: It’s all about the metadata? Or is it?
Eefke Smit, STM Association
5. Session 2: Understanding Technical, Legal, and Ethical Issues to Access
Matthew Woolard, UK Data Archive
6. Session 2: Understanding Technical, Legal, and Ethical Issues to Access
Michael Wilson, STFC
7. Session 3: Different Flavours of Use
Scott Edmonds, GigaScience, BGI Shenzhen
8. Session 3: Different Flavours of Use
Jean-François Perrin, Institute Laue Langevin
9. Session 3: Different Flavours of Use
Susanna Sansone, University of Oxford, ISA
10. Final Remarks: Adam Farquhar, President of DataCite, British Library
All 10 Presentations Are Available via the DataCite YouTube Channel.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.