Audio: Internet Archive Founder Brewster Kahle Interviewed on Canada's CBC Radio
Internet archivist Brewster Kahle chatted with host Jim Brown during CBC’s “Q” program on Tuesday morning.
You can listen to the interview here. It begins at 1:51 in the program and runs about 14 minutes.
Some of What’s Discussed:
- The “doability” of creating the IA Physical Archive
- Why preserving print books is important (interesting comments about microfiche/microfilm)
- The Physical Archive facility
- Internet Archive digitization projects on a global scale
- Redundancy of Physical Archive project
- Wayback Machine receiving 500,000 visits per day, 1,000 queries per second
See Also: “Q” Audio Archive (via CBC)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.