Federal Elections Commission (FEC) Launches Mobile Web Site
The Federal Election Commission [has] released the first in a series of FEC Mobile web pages designed to run on mobile devices. These web pages provide easier public access to campaign finance data and information about Commission activities.
The series released today at http://www.fec.gov/mobile/ includes:
- presidential candidate summary data in a graphic view that allows drilling down for details such as receipts, disbursements and cash-on-hand;
- a calendar with dates for commission meetings, reporting deadlines, conferences, advisory opinions and litigation;
- audio with links to audio files of recent hearings;
- the FEC channel on YouTube with instructional videos on campaign finance law and practices; and
- a Twitter feed with FEC updates.
This is a Beta release. It is designed to run on devices using the iPhone platforms. Many of the features also work on other platforms. Full versions for other mobile devices will be released at a later date.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.