USDA Launches New Online Nutrition SuperTracker
From the USDA News Release:
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack today released USDA’s new nutrition SuperTracker. The SuperTracker is a comprehensive, state-of-the-art resource available at ChooseMyPlate.gov designed to assist individuals as they make changes in their life to reduce their risk of chronic disease and maintain a healthy weight.
Consumers can access this free, on-line tool at anytime and can choose a variety of features to support nutrition and physical activity goals. SuperTracker offers consumers the ability to:
- Personalize recommendations for what and how much to eat and amount of physical activity.
- Track foods and physical activity from an expanded database of foods and physical activities.
- Customize features such as goal setting, virtual coaching, weight tracking and journaling.
- Measure progress with comprehensive reports ranging from a simple meal summary to in-depth analysis of food groups and nutrient intake over time.
- Operationalize the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines.
- Support family and friends by adding their individual profiles.
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.