Latest Edition of HathiTrust Monthly Activity Update Now Online
- Boston College Joins HathiTrust
- New on HT Site: “Our Research Center”
- Expansion of “Buy a Copy”
The “Buy a copy” option has now been expanded to include over 30,000 public domain volumes from the University of California. UC will incrementally add new volumes to the service. UC has partnered with Hewlett-Packard to create the reprints and make them available for purchase via Amazon.com.
- “HathiTrust has ingested nearly all of approximately 200 rare manuscripts and incunabula from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid.”
- “Staff in MPublishing began work in November on a tool to convert DOCX files to JATS XML and worked with broader stakeholders at the University of Michigan Library to specify additional design requirements and agree on a set of design principles for HTPub”
- “Work continued on the Orphan Works Project pilot phase, which will continue through the end of December. Reviewers from the University of Michigan and the University of California, Los Angeles have now researched the same set of approximately 50 works.”
- Development Updates About Full Text Search, Page Turner, Throttling Services, Security/Vulnerability Testing, and Outages
MUCH much more in the Complete November 2011 Update
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. Before launching INFOdocket, Price and Shirl Kennedy were the founders and senior editors at ResourceShelf and DocuTicker for 10 years. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com, and is currently a contributing editor at Search Engine Land.