From the NLM Technical Bulletin:
In November 2011, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) released a search box auto-complete feature for the NLM main Web site, MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español. Auto-complete improves the search experience on these sites by:
- suggesting relevant terms and phrases as users begin typing;
- helping users execute searches and arrive at a focused set of results more quickly;
- guiding users to content that exists on the site;
- providing accurate spellings to help users avoid misspellings; and
- suggesting new lines of inquiry for users exploring a topic.
Read the Complete Post (w/ More Screen Shots)