Search Auto-Complete Feature Added to NLM Main Web Site, MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en Español
From the NLM Technical Bulletin:
In November 2011, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) released a search box auto-complete feature for the NLM main Web site, MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español. Auto-complete improves the search experience on these sites by:
- suggesting relevant terms and phrases as users begin typing;
- helping users execute searches and arrive at a focused set of results more quickly;
- guiding users to content that exists on the site;
- providing accurate spellings to help users avoid misspellings; and
- suggesting new lines of inquiry for users exploring a topic.
Read the Complete Post (w/ More Screen Shots)
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.