The American Society for Indexing (ASI) is a nonprofit, professional membership organization promoting excellence in the indexing of books, journals and other information sources in print and electronic media.
To meet our goal of keeping members up to date on advances in indexing technology we recently formed the ASI Digital Trends Task Force (DTTF). The purpose of the task force is to:
- gather information about changes in digital publishing practices as they affect indexes
- interface with leading digital publishing companies, suppliers, standards organizations and industry partners
- find solutions for ensuring the inclusion of usable indexes in nonfiction eBooks and other digital formats
- inform the Society and members about trends so that the profession can develop the skills required by production changes in digital publishing
The DTTF is active in the IDPF (International Digital Publishing Forum) ePub 3.0 working group. In 2012 Jan Wright, DTTF co-chair, will be speaking at the O’Reilly’s Tools of Change for Publishing and the WritersUA conferences. DTTF team members will be attending the upcoming Digital Book World, Book Expo America, Society for Technical Communication conferences, the annual meeting of the IDPF, as well as related regional meetings. If you would like a member to speak to your regional or national group, please contact us.
- Digital Trends Task Force: http://www.asindexing.org/dttf
- Contact the Digital Trends Task Force at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the ASI Digital Trends Task Force LinkedIn Group at: www.linkedin.com/groups/ASI-Digital-Trends-Task-Force-4005509