Tools For the Google+ User: Add Twitter/Facebook Button(s) to Goog+ Page; Grab a Vanity + URL; Monitor + User Stats
All of the following items are free and it’s likely many similar tools exist right now or will exist in the near future.
- Add a button that lets yo click on/off a fairly robust Twitter client directly from Google+
- Same idea but for Facebook
- Since Google+ URLs are a bit long this service allows you to create a much shorter URL that you can personalize.
- For example, Gary is at: http://gplus.to/gprice
- Monitor your follower count over time
- Review a ranking (by users) of the top 100 + users
- Add a widget to your pages showing your + ranking
- According to SocialStatistics.com the Google+ user base is currently 87% male (Note: + is still in limited release)
- You’ll also notice links on the site showing that that SocialStatistics.com has received a bunch of press attention in the past week
About Gary Price
Gary Price (email@example.com) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com.