This OCLC announcement includes the following list of new services added to the WorldCat Local Central Index during May, 2011.
- CrossRef, which provides bibliographic data and persistent links through Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) for more than 35 million journal articles and other scholarly content.
- BioOne, which provides access to critical, peer-reviewed research in the biological, ecological and environmental sciences.
- Emerald Group Publishing, a leading scholarly publisher of journals and books in business and management with a strong and growing presence in disciplines including LIS, social sciences, engineering, linguistics and audiology.
- SA ePublications is the most comprehensive, searchable collection of full-text electronic South African and Southern African journals in the world, provided by Sabinet
- BioMed Central, an STM (Science, Technology and Medicine) publisher that has pioneered the open access publishing model and includes a portfolio of 215 journals.
- InfoSci-Books, a fully searchable database providing access to chapters from every book and reference work IGI Global has published since the year 2000, and InfoSci-Journals, a rapidly expanding full-text collection of peer-reviewed journals that focus on specialized topics in over 200 disciplines relating to technology, business, medicine and engineering.
- LexisNexis Collection 2, LexisNexis Collection 3 and LexisNexis Collection 4, from Cassidy Cataloguing, which provides contract cataloguing to the law community.
- OCLC added remote access to databases and collections to WorldCat Local from LegalTrac, a comprehensive collection of major legal publications from Gale.
OCLC says that WorldCat Local can now provides users access to 1400 databases and collections, and more than 500 million articles.
See Also: List of Databases and Collections