New: Social Security Administration Releases iPhone App With 130 Years of Popular Baby Name Info
The Social Security Administration compiles records of baby names and just last week released their annual list of the most popular names of 2010.
Today, we’ve learned about their new and free Baby Name Playroom iPhone app.
Search the most popular baby names of the past 130 years using official Social Security data. You can browse names, search a particular name, or choose the “Surprise Me” button.
– Browse or search over 130 years of baby name data — over 45,000 unique names!
– Save your own favorite names list and share them on Facebook, Twitter, or via an email
– View baby name popularity trends
– Play our trivia game to test your baby name knowledge
– View government-approved baby and family related services and information
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.