Tweets from the Project Muse Publishers Meeting in Baltimore
The Project Muse Publishers Meeting 2011 took place in Charm City (aka Baltimore) on Thursday and a few attendees were tweeting about the presentations.
Here are just a few tweets from the meeting in no particual order.
- Showing considerable traffic from referrers other than Google this year: JHU Press web site and StumbleUpon.
- Google top referrer to Muse since 2006, interesting that Facebook is 4th top referrer to their site
- The Journal of Jewish Identities, published out of Youngstown State Univ, is 1 of 100 complete run journals on Project Muse
- First year that more than 50% of PM subscribers are outside of the U.S.; also growth in sales to special libraries
- 27%of institutions w/access to Muse are in Asia
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.