Here’s a sampling of numbers from a new Twitter blog post:
- 1 week. The time it now takes for users to send a billion Tweets.
- 50 million. The average number of Tweets people sent per day, one year ago.
- 140 million. The average number of Tweets people sent per day, in the last month.
- 572,000. Number of new accounts created on March 12, 2011
- 182%. Increase in number of mobile users over the past year.
Btw, Twitter will celebrate their fifth anniversary one week from today on March 21, 2011.