Twitter Continues to Grow as Company Releases Some Interesting Numbers
Here’s a sampling of numbers from a new Twitter blog post:
- 1 week. The time it now takes for users to send a billion Tweets.
- 50 million. The average number of Tweets people sent per day, one year ago.
- 140 million. The average number of Tweets people sent per day, in the last month.
- 572,000. Number of new accounts created on March 12, 2011
- 182%. Increase in number of mobile users over the past year.
Btw, Twitter will celebrate their fifth anniversary one week from today on March 21, 2011.
Filed under: News, Patrons and Users
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.