More Libraries Join the Mobile Web, Eight Recently Release Apps/Sites
First, Two Resources From Non-Library Organizations:
1. For Android, iPhone/iPad: “CBC News on your mobile device” (via Canadian Brodcasting Corp.)
2.. Mobile Web Site: Chicago Transporation Authority (CTA) Train Tracker (Rapid Transit)
3. iPhone/iPad Ottawa: Ontario Public Library (Powered by Bibliocommons)
This is the second Bibliocommons library to release a mobile app. Edmonton Public Library released an app in late 2010.
4. Simmons College Library (iPhone/iPad) and Web Site
5. iPhone/IPad: University of Chicago Updates Mobile App, Now With Library Access
6. Mobile Web Site: Maquette University Libraries
7. Multiple Platforms: Louisville Public Libar
8. Mobile Web Site: Northern Iowa University
About Gary Price
Gary Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) is a librarian, writer, consultant, and frequent conference speaker based in the Washington D.C. metro area. He earned his MLIS degree from Wayne State University in Detroit. Price has won several awards including the SLA Innovations in Technology Award and Alumnus of the Year from the Wayne St. University Library and Information Science Program. From 2006-2009 he was Director of Online Information Services at Ask.com. Gary is also the co-founder of infoDJ an innovation research consultancy supporting corporate product and business model teams with just-in-time fact and insight finding.