New consumer research from Leichtman Research Group, Inc. (LRG) found that 81% of US households have a DVR, get Netflix, or use on-Demand (VOD) from a cable or Telco provider — with 30% of households using two of the services, and 13% using all three.
The survey also found that 57% of households get a subscription video on-Demand (SVOD) service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu. Overall, 48% of adults stream any of these services on a monthly basis.
Other related findings include:
- 77% of ages 18-24 stream an SVOD service monthly — compared to 63% of ages 25-44, 50% of ages 45-54, and 23% of ages 55+
- 37% of all adults stream Netflix weekly — compared to 8% in 2010
- 83% of Netflix streaming users watch Netflix on a TV set
- 64% of pay-TV subscribers have a DVR — compared to 45% in 2010
- 65% of households with annual incomes >$75,000 have a DVR — compared to 35% with household incomes <$30,000
- 74% of all Telco video subscribers and 61% of all cable subscribers have ever used VOD from their current provider
- 51% of all cable subscribers used VOD in the past month — compared to 34% in 2010
- Last year, 76% of households had a DVR, or Netflix, or used VOD — compared to 70% two years ago
Direct to Full Text