Experts from three leading U.S. based library and info tech organizations were part of a panel at the LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries) 43rd Annual Conference that took place in Riga, Latvia about two weeks ago.
The panel was titled, “Research Libraries in the 2020 Information Landscape” and runs about 52 minutes. A video of the discussion is now available online and we’ve also embedded it below.
The full panel included experts from both Europe and the United States:
- Dr Clifford Lynch, Director, CNI (Coalition for Networked Information)
- Professor Ulf Göranson, Chairman, CERL (Center for European Research Libraries)
- Mr Klaus-Peter Böttger, President, EBLIDA (European Bureau of Library Information and Documentation Association)
- Dr Elliott Shore, Director, ARL (Association of Research Libraries)
- Ms. Rachel Frick, Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
More Video Presentations from LIBER (Association of European Research Libraries) 43rd Annual Conference
1. Copyright, Open Science, and Challenges for Research Libraries: Dr Andres Guadamuz, University of Sussex, UK (Plenary Presentation)
Slides from Dr. Guadamuz’s Presentation
2. The e-Book Phenomenon and its Impact. Professor Thomas Daniel Wilson, University of Borås, Sweden (Plenary Session)
See Also: Slides from Dr. Wilson’s Presentation
3. Crowdsourcing Content Management: Challenges and Opportunities. Dr Elena Simperl, University of Southampton, UK (Plenary Session)