Materials from four presentations all taking place within the past five weeks.
1. On February 20, 2014, Elsevier held a webinar/panel discussion titled, “Librarians & Altmetrics: Tools, Tips and Use Cases”.
- Altmetrics: a primer
Mike Taylor, Research Specialist, Elsevier Labs
- Altmetrics: why it’s relevant to a librarian
Jenny Delasalle, Freelance consultant/librarian
- Going beyond counts: understanding impact
Kristi Holmes, Bioinformaticist, Washington University in St. Louis
- Audio of the presentations are also available (free). You’ll need to register.
2. On February 14, 2014, Nettie Lagace, Associate Director for Programs, at the National Information Standards Organization Provided an Overview of NISO’s Altmetrics Initiative at UC Davis.
3. On January 23, 2014 (during the ALA Midwinter Meeting), the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) held a meeting event about their Altmetrics Initiative.
Video, slides, and documents from the event are available here.
- Euan Adie, Altmetric.com
- Mike Buschman, Plum Analytics
- William Gunn, Mendeley
- Zhiwu Xie, Virginia Tech
- Martin Fenner, PLOS
4. On February 16, 2014, NISO’s Executive Director Spoke, Todd Carpenter, at the AAAS Annual Meeting.