Even if you’re not going to apply for the position it’s interesting to read take a look at the requirements and skills the library is looking to find.
The National Library of Ireland is a major national cultural institution providing library and research services to a wide range of users. It is a legal deposit library holding very significant collections relating to Ireland’s documentary heritage, with a key role in the collection and promotion of that heritage. This is an exciting time for the Library, with opportunities presented by digital technology and scope for partnerships with other bodies to advance its agenda.The Director of the National Library of Ireland will be required to implement a very challenging change management agenda over the course of the five year appointment and you will be expected to demonstrate a strong commitment to the values of the institution.
Specifically, your skills and experience will include:
- A track record of achievement in posts of significant responsibility with a strong commitment to quality service delivery;
- Excellent leadership skills and a proven level of management and organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with an ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders, both nationally and internationally;
- Good evidence of analytical ability, judgement and decision making skills and a proven ability to think independently;
- A proven ability to formulate and implement strategy, with a strong results focus;
- Evidence of interest in Irish history, literature, culture and society along with a clear understanding of the role of the National Library.
Source: Multiple Tweets