Here are some of the enhancements that were recently made to NLM’s Digital Collections database.
- Redesigned homepage with informative images highlighting repository content
- New “Refine by” feature on the left which allows users to limit searches to specific facets
- Fresh indexing of metadata and full text for more efficient search & retrieval
- Replacement of the Muradora front-end application with Blacklight, an open-source discovery interface which sits on top of the repository’s Solr index
- Upgrades to all major software components supporting the repository, including the underlying Fedora Commons framework
In November, Digital Collections reached the milestone of providing access to 10,000 digitized resources. The repository contains over 12 million discrete files. NLM regularly deposits content from its digitization activities, including current projects focused on WWII-era materials and NLM-authored publication
Direct to NLM Digital Collections