This virtual meeting took place over three days (April 23-25, 2013) and audio recordings and presenter slides were made available late last Friday.
From the GPO:
[The virtual meeting] provides an opportunity to convey how GPO and Federal depository libraries are“Keeping America Informed” by preserving our nation’s documents of democracy for permanent public access. Through a mix of information updates, focused discussions, and training sessions, agenda topics explore:
- GPO’s role in preservation.
- Depository library views on preservation as reflected in FDLP Forecast Study responses.
- Partnerships for preservation.
- Digitization project guidance.
- Preservation of tangible collections.
- Digital registries.
Direct to Complete Meeting Agenda (PDF)
Direct to Audio and Slides (Day One)
Day One Presentations
Library Services and Content Management (LCSM Update)
- Harvesting, Dorothy Bower, Archive Specialist and Stacey Kinsel, Technical Services Librarian
- GPO: A NARA Affiliate Archive, Cynthia Etkin, Sr. Program Planning Specialist
- Partnerships, Suzanne Ebanues, Sr. Planning & Development Specialist
- New FDsys Content, Heidi Ramos, Sr. Planning & Development Specialist
FDLP Forecast Study Update
Direct to Audio and Slides (Day Two)
Day Two Presentations
Focused Discussion Group: Tangible Collection Preservation
Marie Concannon, Facilitator
Government Documents & Regional Coordinator, University of Missouri Libraries
- Guidance for Implementing a Digitization Project
David Walls, Facilitator and Preservation Librarian, LSCM
- Making Good Decisions in Digital Project Workflow Planning
David Lowe, Digital Programs Team Lead, University of Connecticut Libraries
- Surprise Collaborations in Creating a Digital Collection
Marianne Mason, Federal Information & Regional Librarian, University of Iowa Libraries
Material from Day 3 Should be Available Soon.