PRC has produced this easy-to-read guide – in about 20 pages including glossary etc – to help remove the confusion which surrounds this topic. It takes the reader through what text and data mining are (and the difference between them), how they are done and what publishers and others have to do to enable them. People in different fields can mean different things by these terms, but armed with this you should be able to discern what type of ‘mining’ they are actually referring to. It is hoped this will be useful not only to scholarly publishers, but to all those potentially involved, including policymakers, librarians and even researchers themselves.
Publishing Research Consortium Members Partners Include:
- The Publishers Association (PA)
- The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
- The International Association of Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM)
- The Association of American University Presses
- The Professional/Scholarly Publishing Division of the Association of American Publishers
Direct to Full Text (22 pages; PDF)