New from the Mediterranean Open Access Network (Medoanet).
MedOANet (Mediterranean Open Access Network) is a two-year project funded under the Science in Society Programme of the EC 7th Framework Programme. The project enhances existing policies, strategies and structures for Open Access and contributes towards the implementation of new ones in six Mediterranean countries: Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal.
The Open Access Tracker brings together information on journals, repositories, institutional policies, funder’s policies and publishers’ self-archiving policies, representing Open Access activities in the six countries.
It shows the growth of different types of Open Access activities and policies in numbers, effectively creating a profile for each country; it also visually presents the growth of these different types of Open Access resources by country, by year as recorded in the external sources.
The Open Access Tracker has search and browse functions to allow easy discovery of the recorded information.
The Open Access Tracker allows users to:
- have a real-time overview on Open Access in each and all six countries
- highlight ongoing activities on Open Access with reference to journals, repositories, policies
- know at a glance publishers’ and funders’ policies per country represented in the Tracker
- compare the trends on Open Access in the Mediterranean area
- observe the yearly growth of the Open Access resources it Tracks
- have a tool to promote Open Access with facts and figures supporting advocacy activities
Direct to Medoanet Open Access Tracker