A new post by Mike Lovett on OverDrive’s Digital Library Blog mentions two libraries systems in Colorado who recently integrated OverDrive records directly into their OPAC using OverDrive APIs.
From an OverDrive Blog Post:
In October, two separate Colorado library systems—Marmot Library Network and Rangeview Library District—began integrating OverDrive-supplied content into OPAC search results. When patrons search for titles from the library’s OPAC, the results page returns eBooks and audiobooks alongside print books and other formats.
Marmot is leveraging the APIs to make its OverDrive collection discoverable via its VuFind catalog.
Specifically, Marmot is using OverDrive APIs to:
1. Supplement information in MARC records to include the formats that are available for each title.
2. Display and index information about total copies in the collection, including copies in their OverDrive Advantage library collections.
3. Load metadata for titles for which the library does not have MARC records.
4. Display real-time availability for each title.
5. Enable patrons to read eBook samples directly from the VuFind catalog.
Take a Look at the Marmot Library Network OPAC (w/ integrated OverDrive Records)