From the NLA Blog:
The National Library’s catalogue is now available for your iOS and Android mobile devices. This means you can search our extensive collections, request items and track these items all from the palm of your hand, no matter where you
From a NLA Mobile Info Page
The mobile catalogue, available through iTunes and Google Play, is an example in motion of the National Library of Australia’s Mobile Strategy, launched in May 2012, positioning the Library at the forefront of mobile technologies within the cultural sector of Australia.
In order to pave the way for invention and experimentation, the Library hopes that its Mobile Strategy will open up a playing field of creativity and discourse between likeminded institutions and professionals within the mobile realm.
To find out more information you can read more about our mobile catalogue below, view our Mobile Strategy, try our interactive audio tour app for our Treasures Gallery or read about the open-source software we used in the development of our apps. And be sure to watch this space as we continue to develop our mobile capabilities into the future.
Our mobile catalogue allows you to:
- Quickly search the collection
- View details of collection items, such as notes, descriptions and publication information
- Check if collection items are available
National Library card holders can access extra features:
- Save Library card details so you’re always ‘logged in’
- Request material on the go, to pick-up at the Library
- Track the status of your requests
- View requested item details, including pick-up location
- Check when your requests will expire