For those with an interest in library e-books, especially the Harry Potter titles, we’ve started compiling a simple spreadsheet with:
- The number of copies of each edition the library has acquired
- The number of copies available for the public to borrow at a selected moment in time
- The number of cardholders (if any) on the waiting list to borrow
The spreadsheet was updated at 2pm EDST today and includes data for the following libraries:
- 1. New York Public Library
- 2. Montgomery County (MD) Public Library (D.C. Suburbs)
- 3. Seattle Public Library
- 4. Pima County (Tucson) Public Library
- 5. Trenton Public Library
- 6. Seven Libraries from the Tampa Bay Library Consortium
We’ll update at least twice a week and see if we can spot any trends. We also plan to add a few more libraries to the mix.
Right now, even with the attention that Harry Potter e0books availability in public libraries is receiving, copies remain available for loan even at libraries that haven’t acquired many copies. Let’s see if the weekend changes this.