The Research NZ survey, commissioned by New Zealand Book Month, asked 505 people about their reading habits. The results, released yesterday, found 23 per cent of men hadn’t read a book in the past year, compared with only 8 per cent of women.
- 84 per cent read at least one book in the past year.
- 9 per cent read more than 50 books in the past year.
- 23 per cent of men and 8 per cent of women read no books in the past year.
- 4 per cent of men and 13 per cent of women read more than 50 books in the past year.
- Of those who had read a book, 77 per cent would prefer to read a paper book.
- Of those who had read a book, 14 per cent would prefer to read an ebook.
See Also: Learn More About New Zealand Book Month including an FAQ about a $5 voucher offany title priced $10 or more at participating bookstores. It was sent by mail to NZ residents, also available on web, etc.