We’re excited to announce partnerships with both major international and Canadian publishers, including Random House, McClelland & Stewart, Douglas & McIntyre, House of Anansi and Dundurn. What’s more, we’ve also partnered with your favorite retailers, like Campus eBookstore and McNally Robinson, allowing you to purchase our Google eBooks from them as well.
Note: Indoor views of some businesses was first spotted and reported last week. Today, Google formally announced this new feature.
Be On the Lookout For:
- A new panel to the right of the results — where previously only a map appeared
- 360-degree interior views of the location, click for a larger image
- The new panel also contains hours of operation, director info, and reviews (when available)
- Instant Previews + Local Info: In some situations a search result might contain a “>>”. To access detailed info without having to click and load a new page, hover over the “>>” and you’ll be able to utilize Google’s Instant Preview option and see Google Local info. Here’s an example.
3. “Facebook Comments Now Being Indexed By Google”
by Greg Finn, Search Engine Land
Facebook Comments can be displayed in a few different formats, XFBML (Xtended FaceBook Markup Language) and HTML5. While the report references that Google is crawling comments embedded in an iframe, that specific functionality is not supported for Facebook comments.
Read the Complete Search Engine Land Post